- UK educational network Janet hit with denial of service attacks. From SC Magazine. A wave of denial of service attacks were launched against the education network Janet yesterday morning. Cyber-attacks began on Friday 15 April, but further attacks were observed at 10am Monday 18 April. Janet’s network provides over 18 million researchers and educators in the UK.
- Cybersecurity startup Verodin emerges from stealth mode. From DCInno. This US-based cybersecurity startup’s first product is a software platform that can be used by businesses to measure the effectiveness of their cybersecurity defenses. In essence, customers can use Verodin to run closed, simulated cyberattacks on themselves, thereby testing the influence of different products and the skill of their analysts.
- Huge data breaches have been good for security stocks. From CNBC. IT security stocks have soared after the seven big data breaches made public over the past three years, according to the Bessemer Venture Partners Cyber Index released Tuesday.The BVP Cyber Index tracked the capital-weighted performance since Jan. 1, 2011, of 29 public companies whose primary business is cybersecurity.
- 8 Hacker Groups To Watch Out For. From DarkReading.com. Ever wonder who’s behind some of the attacks we hear about in the news? Here are eight advanced persistent threat (APT) groups that operate some of the most successful and well-known malware campaigns worldwide.
- Kaspersky Announces Antivirus for Industrial Control Systems. From Softpedia. With the number of attacks on industrial systems growing on a rapid pace, Kaspersky announced last week the launch of a new cyber-security solution aimed at Industrial Control Systems (ICS).Attacks that penetrate networks, search for these type of equipment, and damage its normal mode of operation have started to grow in recent months.