65 million Pre-Yahoo Acquisition Tumblr Accounts Were Hacked. From HackRead. Tumblr recently revealed that it discovered a breach in their systems which affected users accounts and their passwords. The company said that the hack had happened back in 2013, but they just recently discovered it. It also refused to give figures of how many of its users had been affected. However security researchers have done an independent analysis, and it appears the numbers actually stands at 68 million.
- How new cyber espionage group Danti is targeting govt. From Financial Express. Cybersecurity is an area of great concern in business as well as government circles. Internet security experts have identified a major cyberespionage activity in India. Recently, IT security firm Kaspersky Lab made a startling revelation that a fairly new and previously unknown cyberespionage group, called Danti, may already have full access to internal networks in Indian government organisations.
- UK educational network Janet hit with denial of service attacks. From SC Magazine. A wave of denial of service attacks were launched against the education network Janet yesterday morning. Cyber-attacks began on Friday 15 April, but further attacks were observed at 10am Monday 18 April. Janet’s network provides over 18 million researchers and educators in the UK.
- Cybersecurity startup Verodin emerges from stealth mode. From DCInno. This US-based cybersecurity startup’s first product is a software platform that can be used by businesses to measure the effectiveness of their cybersecurity defenses. In essence, customers can use Verodin to run closed, simulated cyberattacks on themselves, thereby testing the influence of different products and the skill of their analysts.
- Huge data breaches have been good for security stocks. From CNBC. IT security stocks have soared after the seven big data breaches made public over the past three years, according to the Bessemer Venture Partners Cyber Index released Tuesday.The BVP Cyber Index tracked the capital-weighted performance since Jan. 1, 2011, of 29 public companies whose primary business is cybersecurity.
- 8 Hacker Groups To Watch Out For. From DarkReading.com. Ever wonder who’s behind some of the attacks we hear about in the news? Here are eight advanced persistent threat (APT) groups that operate some of the most successful and well-known malware campaigns worldwide.
- Kaspersky Announces Antivirus for Industrial Control Systems. From Softpedia. With the number of attacks on industrial systems growing on a rapid pace, Kaspersky announced last week the launch of a new cyber-security solution aimed at Industrial Control Systems (ICS).Attacks that penetrate networks, search for these type of equipment, and damage its normal mode of operation have started to grow in recent months.